Another boring day


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
July 3rd 2006
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Scenery from the bus01 Scenery from the bus01 Scenery from the bus

Mountains and lakes.
Geo: 69.4255, 20.0221

After a short drive, we boarded a ferry and docked 20 minutes later. Continued driving, passing many lakes and mountains. Today is very grey, wet, and cloudy. Mountaintops were covered with clouds. At midday we had 1 ½ hours free time in Narvik. Not much to do- no net café. Browsed around in the shopping to stay dry.
Back on the road, we drove for 40 minutes and ate lunch by a lake. Back on the bus I had a two-hour nap- there is not much else to do on the bus. They wont give us a movie "enjoy the scenery" blah, blah. Finally arrived at camp at 5pm. Unfortunately we didn't have an ensuite. Most of the group went for a dip/swim in the cold, icy river and then ran to the sauna. I was more sensible than that and watched them freeze instead. This evening it rained during dinner, so we all squished into a cabin to eat- nice and cosy. The surrounding mountains had now disappeared due to the fog and low clouds. Another bright night, good thing I have an eye mask.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

02 Long way from home02 Long way from home
02 Long way from home

This sign showed how far from home I was.
03 Mountains and snow03 Mountains and snow
03 Mountains and snow

View from outside our cabin.
04 Waterfalls04 Waterfalls
04 Waterfalls

The melting snow on the mountains made little waterfalls.


Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb