Scandinavian Tour


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
June 13th 2017
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After almost a week of recuperation, (ice pack 3 to 4 times a day and ibuprofen), we're back on the road. The usual rt finding issues getting away from Nyborg but once away from the town things settled down. Cool, in the low 50's with on and off showers. A couple of good downpours but we we were lucky enough to be close to bridge overpasses both times. We rode 37 miles and rough camped at a marina. No services but a least a picnic bench and a flat spot to pitch the tent. Rained overnight of course, but it stopped by morning. Today was a challenging ride. Our goal was to reach a camp ground at Brekke. A couple of hours of riding to a ferry crossing and then the fun began. Luckily no rain today just some light mist. Lots of up and downs and then we saw a sign for Brekke 18 Kms. We figured no worries, maybe another hour. OMG, the road kicked up and into the clouds we rode. On and on. Anna had to walk I stupidly rode with out stopping to the top of the pass. My hamstrings tightened like crazy while I waited in the mist. The ride down was crazy, steep with lots of switch backs and several cattle guards so one couldn't just let the bike go. We made it to Brekke exhausted. We couldn't cope with the thought of tenting. We're staying tonight in a fancy hotel!!! 43.6 miles in 9 hrs and 41 mins of riding! Narrow roads, not much traffic, and fantastic scenery!!! Tomorrow we ride a couple of miles to a camp ground.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



13th June 2017

Glad the knee is feeling better and you are on the road! Amazing pictures!
14th June 2017

Thanks!
Yes, and yesterday was an unbelievable workout and no trouble with either knee! A climb into the clouds that was unrelenting!!!

Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb