A Day in Oslo


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
June 26th 2010
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 59.9138, 10.7387

We arrived in Oslo sometime early in the morning because when the alarm went off we had already docked. Just outside our balcony was the Akershus Fortress. It was a beautiful day already with blue sky (of course, the sun had come up around 4am).

We had breakfast in Parrot Cay and then made our way to Rockin Bar D for our shore excursion. The tour we had chosen was an Oslo Highlights Tour.

Our bus took us through the streets of Oslo as we made our way to Vigeland Sculpture Park. This park has over 200 sculptures and more than 758 figures in it. All the sculptures were created and the park was designed by Gustav Vigeland. It was quite an amazing park. Then after spending some time in the park we boarded the bus and drove through some more of Oslo before arriving at the Ski Museum and Ski Jump park. Norway is building a new ski jump for the 2011 World Ski Jump competition. There was also a museum about the history of skiing in Norway.

Once we finished touring this site we were back on the bus for more scenery through Oslo and a return to the ship.

We went up to deck 10 to grab some lunch before heading back out to see some of the sites on foot. We walked along the pier and saw the building where Nobel Peace Prize is given out. We also went to the City Hall and the Castle where today's Royal Family live. It was then a short walk to Akershus Fortress where we walked around the grounds.

When we got on the ship we discovered that there was some availability in the laundry room so we took the opportunity to do some laundry and relax a little.

At 4:45 the ship pulled out of port and headed back down through the fjords to the North Sea. It took about 3 hours to get us out of the narrow passageway.

Dinner was at Lumiere's tonight for the normal French dinner in that restaurant. After dinner we had our photos taken with Daisy and Mickey in traditional Norwegian clothing.

The show tonight was Jason Bishop, the magician we saw on the first night. It was a good show. Then, the girls went to their clubs and Nikki and I went to see Andy Ford in Rockin Bar D. When we left the club it was 11;00 and was still light outside! I cant wait until we get to Russia and see what time the sun sets there.

Dinner:

Ric: Duck Confit, French Onion Soup, Beef Tenderloin and Crème Brulee

Nikki: Shrimp, Avacado and Citrus Salad, Three Cheese Pasta with Lobster and Crème Brulee

Regan: Escargot, French Onion Soup, Beef Tenderloin and a trio of desserts

Kelsie: Bacon and Onion Tart, French Onion Soup, Three Cheese Pasta with Lobster and Crème Brulee


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



28th June 2010

Happy Happy Eighteen Years! ! ! ! Can you believe it! We send our love.
28th June 2010

figured it out, I will just skip the food portion of the report. LOL! Sounds like an awesome time!
28th June 2010

Happy Anniversary!!! What a wonderful way to celebrate! The picture of the girls at 10 p.m. in the sunlight is way too cool! My mom is headed on an Alaskan cruise next month and I have forewarned her of the evening sunny skies awaiting h
er!

Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb