Two trucks try to pass each other on a one-lane road: who wins?


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
April 22nd 2015
Published: April 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

We left Bergen this morning around 10:30am... We had a little bit of a late start after last night and then grabbing breakfast at the hotel 😊 The drive to Flam was supposed to take about 2.5 hours, but after the recommendation from "Johnny" our bartender last night, we decided to take the scenic route! It ended up only adding about an hour to our trip, and the views along the fjord were worth it! As we were driving along those narrow windy roads, we came to a brief standstill when two trucks were trying to pass each other on a tiny stretch of road barely big enough for one of them! The other truck had to go into reverse until the road widened a bit! We stopped in Voss, a little town on the way to Flam, for lunch at a place recommended by Johnny called Tres Brou (3 brothers). We both had the fish soup which was killer! We then continued into Flam and arrived here around 3:30pm. After checking in, we walked around a bit, but it's mostly just a tourist stop because they have a very famous train here that takes you up the mountain. Our original plan included taking the train up, but after driving through the fjords, we felt like we had the authentic experience of going up and down the mountain, so we decided to forego the train ride. When we arrived, there was a cruise ship parked outside our hotel right on the fjord, which interrupted our photo shots, but we plan to wake up early to get some good pictures before headings to Geirangerfjord tomorrow. After walking around a bit we went to dinner at Aegir brewery, our first offical brewery stop in Norway! We decided that since we were in the land of the Vikings, we should enjoy the Viking plate - a 5 course dinner with shellfish, reindeer, fish soup, pork, and chocolate cake - complete with beer pairings! Yes, we ate it all!! And it was fantastic! After dinner we went back downstairs to sit by the fireplace (Dad you need to get your fire pit set up like this!) and enjoyed another beer. Meanwhile, the weather started to turn nasty outside, so now we are wondering if we are going to get blown away into the fjord tonight... Or maybe just snowed in 😊 Tonorrow it's off to Geirangerfjord, about a 5 hour drive away!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd April 2015

That's really something about those trucks! I wonder how often that happens on that road? Gonna trade your Subaru for a beamer when you get home? haha...ilysm
24th April 2015

That Viking plate looks delish!!!!!

Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb