Bergen and Norwegian Microbrews


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
April 22nd 2015
Published: April 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Since we arrived home kind of late last night/this morning, I'm just now getting to the blog update 😊

We woke up to a light misty rain and cooler temps in Bergen yesterday morning. However, after a quick breakfast at the hotel, we headed out to do some exploring of Bergen. We stopped in a few shops, but it was mostly just tourist stuff, not the cool handmade art and pottery that we were looking for! Once the fog lifted a little bit, we were able to take a ride up to the top of Mount Floyen, which proved spectacular views of Bergen. The ride up was on a furnicular, which was kind of like a train on a 25 degree angle. It was pretty neat! At the top there were several paved trails so we did a little loop and then made the journey back down to Bergen. By that time we decided it was time for a beer! We stopped in a little place called Una which had 16 or so microbrews on tap. We chatted with the bartender for a bit and she told us how the craft brew scene is starting to take off in Norway. After a couple of beers we made our way over to a Norwegian tapas place for dinner. Well, once again we were the only ones there for dinner! It was ok though, we had the whole place to ourselves 😊 After dinner we went back to the hotel for a little bit and tried to decide if we should go back out or rest up a bit. Ernie was able to talk me into heading out to this place he found called Henrik Ol & Vinstove - a place with 54 beers on tap! We arrived there aroun 9:30 and had a seat at the bar. We had a lovely conversation with the bartender and one of the locals (who knew all about the Space Shuttle and was an avid homebrewer). We enjoyed a few beers, and the guys were giving us tips on driving over to Flam (our destination for tonight) and the bartender even gave us a glass to bring home! It was a great time! But, we are tired this morning 😊 Now it's off to Voss and Flam and more driving the fjords.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



22nd April 2015
Tap List at Henriks

I would've never left this lace!

Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb