$30 for 2 Beers?


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
April 20th 2015
Published: April 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well, since we were the only guests at the hotel last night, what better way to wake up to have breakfast for 2 served for you? 😊 After eating sliced ham 5 different ways (at least we are pretty sure that's what it was - we avoided the liverworst paste) - we headed out for our morning hike at Lake Bondhus. It didn't disappoint! The view of the mountains reflecting in the lake was spectacular! After a 4 mile round trip hike, it was time to head to our destination for the next two days - Bergen (on the west coast of Norway). The drive was supposed to take 3 hours, but after realizing we forgot to return the hotel keys, we had to backtrack a bit to the hotel. Turns out we didn't really need to return them, but oh well! After a stop for a quick snack at the grocery (side note: grocery shopping in a foreign country is quite fun - you really don't know what you are buying and are picking your items on pictures alone!) - we ended up with vanilla sandwich crackers, paprika chips that were more like rice crisps, and sour gummies. Overall a great road trip snack! 😊 After our drive that involved another ferry, we arrived in Bergen around 5pm. If Stockholm was like NYC, then Bergen is like San Francisco! It's a lovely city right on a pier, with painted houses up on the hill. We decided to walk around a bit, and found a place called the Flying Dutchman, where we grabbed a couple of local beers, which turned it to be $15 apiece!!! Beer is quite expensive here, but since we are on vacation, we are trying to forget how much they cost 😊 We walked around a bit before stopping for dinner, followed by ice cream with the most delicious pink sprinkles ever, and now are back at the hotel bar for one more $15 beer (across from a couple getting very cozy!!!) before heading to bed. Tomorrow we are going to spend the day in Bergen, but I think the weather will be a bit chillier and cloudier. On the bright side, the northern lights forecast is looking good for tomorrow night!! Wlysm!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



20th April 2015

The reflection of the mountains on the lake is spectacular....like a mirror! Beautiful stuff! Why is beer so expensive? Are wine and vodka like that too? ILYSM

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb