Kristiansund


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
July 23rd 2009
Published: July 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

When I checked internet access earlier today it was still available so going to try and get the entry for yesterday and this morning written and posted.

We docked in Kristiansund (not Kristiansand) yesterday morning but our tour wasn’t until 12:30 so we had a late breakfast and then Mom, Erin, and Dennis went out to do some shopping while I uploaded pictures. We met for lunch about 11:30 and then all four of us headed down for our Averoy and Atlantic Road tour.
The elevators were running slowly and the gangway was steps not a ramp so took a while for Erin to get down. By then someone else had taken the front seat so she ended up in the Tour Guides seats and the rest of us were in 3 rows behind each other. The tour started with a Ferry ride over to the island of Averoy. It was a 30 min ride but the few (2 flights of stairs up from the bus) was very nice as was the weather.
We then drove to a Stave Church similar to the one Dennis and I had been to in Bergen but a bit bigger with more statues etc. We then drove thru the countryside of the island and over to Atlantic Ocean Road which was a series of bridges over a very different type of landscape then we’ve been seeing. Mostly low large rocks in the water and apparently a very good fishing area. After that we ended up on an unplanned detour when one of the other buses decided to stop by the house of the bus driver. The neighbors on this gravel road all seemed to enjoy the unusual site of tour buses and came out to wave.
We then headed over a bridge to another island and then thru a very long tunnel back to Kristiansund. All aboard was 4:30 and we were a few minutes late but since it was a tour they were waiting for us. They were already untying the gangway when Erin was making her way up it on her crutches.
Since we were late for Bingo decided to head to mass which got in just in time for dinner. It was another great meal and conversation. We hit the casino on the way to the show and Mom put in her $1 and got back $2.50 so has made back half of her $5 machine bet. I lost most of my $20 for the day. Mom and I then headed for the show which was a variety show with the singer/comedian from the first night and the Trumpet player from the previous night. It was only enjoyable.

We called it an early night and headed to the cabin. We had a cute Elephant Towel animal which
I put up by the window. Sometime in the middle of the night Mom called out to me wondering what type of animals were in this area and peaking in our window. I told her it was an arctic elephant.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb