2021 Sweden & Norway


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
August 4th 2021
Published: March 3rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

The Scandinavian Peninsula: 4.850 km by car




Malmö reminded me the short-story "Emma Zunz" by Borges, were sailors disembarked in Buenos Aires to commit the "SIN". The city looked so grey as I imagined, but charged with a colorfull past. As the guide pointed out: Karl X Gustav horse's butt is pointing at Denmark and it gave us an introduction to the history of the Baltic States.

In Bohuslän Coast the shining sun and blue sky highlighted the beatiful old summer resort where Ingrind Berman used to spend the summer holidays and the Bronze Age artwork around Tanumshede (3000 years old).
We crossed the border to Norway and our first stop was Oslo. The huge floating iceberg building of the Opera, the new Munch and the Vikings ship museums, were impressive, but more impressive was to meet by chance, at the Polar Expedition Museum, an old friend Rami, after 18 years. I saw Rami for the last time in the Hague in 2003 before me moving to China for good. He probed to be an excellent guide that had published a fotobook about the Nazi occupation of Oslo.
The Norwegian fjords are beautiful and the tunnels (cutting all the rocky landscape) are a piece of engineering. The longest is 24,5 km linking Olslo to Bergen. It was quite a healthy holidays, no wine and almost no beer, the prices of alcohol in Norway are 120% above the European average as part of a strategy to curb alcoholism.
We left Norway towards Sweden from Tronheim. Our last stop was Stockholm, where we enjoyed the historic walking tour, the monumental buildings, lively streets with the backround music of ABBA's new album.


Additional photos below
Photos: 93, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The bridgeThe bridge
The bridge

Fron Copenhagen to Malmo


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb