Day 5 Bergen - god dag!


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway
June 2nd 2011
Published: June 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Have finally cracked some basic Norwegan so watch out for lots of god dag, ja tak, nei tak and tusen tak - all genuine - and quite of lot of "bad dog" from Richard (he gets confused with god dag (good day). Went up another mountain today in Bergen - this time on a funicular railway. People used to live up that lump before the railway got built - now know the original of the Troll stories as those people must have had thighs like tree stumps! Ate local for lunch - at the fish market. Managed to steer clear of the smoked whale meat but gave in to piles of prawns and crayfish and smoked salmon. Totally yumm! Back on the boat this afternoon for a civilised spot of afternoon tea - with a pair of very 'right on' lesbians who wouldn't dream of eating meat (!!) or drinking anything as loathesome as tea or coffee. Could tuck away a scone or two though without the blink of an eye! It's formal night on board tonight so out with the penguine suit for Richard and the long frock for me. We might look like a dog's dinner most of the time but we definitely scrub up OK. Left Bergen about an hour ago ready for our cruise back to Blighty. Left Geiranger yesterday with a force 8 up our tail. Made for a very bumpy night so we're hoping the North Sea is going to be kind to us tonight. Have just watched the weather forecast and the UK is due for a 24 degree heatwave tomorrow so hoping some of that spills over to the east of the country and we have a pleasant last day at sea. Sorry we haven't been able to upload any photographs - technology and cost have fought us on that one for now. Will have to crack the technology in time for the world cruise. Thanks to those of you who got brave enough to post comments back to us on this blog - it's so nice to be able to keep in touch.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb