Bergen Pool and Fish Market


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway
July 26th 2019
Published: July 26th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Nordnes SjobadNordnes SjobadNordnes Sjobad

This is the sunbathing area and you can see a corner of the pool down below
Mixed things up today with a morning bike ride around the neighbouring hills. Then off in the car to Bergen. Today was a hot one (apparently it set a record for hottest day in Bergen's history EVER hitting a high of 31) so we headed to the Nordnes Sjobad which, from the description, you can tell is a pool. It is a very old outdoor pool built into the side of the mountain right on the fjord and is a sea water pool. There are also diving boards and high diving blocks where you can dive the other direction from the pool straight into the ocean. We all swam and Nigel and Russell both dove into the ocean in spite of the jellyfish swimming around. No stings though. Phew! It was a perfect day for hitting this pool, however, we were not the only ones with this bright idea. As such, it was very crowded so after swimming, and then relaxing and eating our lunch, we moved on. Next up was over to Bryggen (old Bergen) to check out the famous Fish Market. It was a lot of outdoor vendors/cooks making and selling seafood and freshly prepared seafood dishes. We also walked around some other nearby vendors looking for some Norway/Bergen swag. Back to Os to sit on the patio and cool off a little.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0837s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb