Norway cross country bus journey from Bergen to Oslo


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Voss
November 19th 2012
Published: December 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I know that an 11 hour bus journey is not everyone's idea of fun...but I loved every minute of it. The scenery was spectacular and the change in weather between the west coast (low misty cloud cover) to the high midlands snow everywhere yet everyone continued as normal (not like in the UK a bit of snow and we come to a standstill) and the east coast drizzle and grey was beautiful.

The trip involved a ferry crossing that lasted 25 mins which went without a hitch....that is 2 boat trips now that I have almost enjoyed, so feeling rather confident for my Irish road trip later in 2013!

There were lots of tunnels through the mountains, that reminded me of my childhood journeys via old Ygoslavia.

The Norwegian bus system is different to long haul driving in the UK, this entailed 4 bus driver changes and 2 bus changes over the 11 hr journey, a great way to stretch your legs and catch a few snow flakes!

Alot of the scenery reminded me of New Zealand with the big mountains and open green spaces...truly amazing. If you have the time to spare it is definitely worth doing some form of road trip here, you will not be disappointed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb