Bergen, Norway


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
June 3rd 2015
Published: June 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Bergen is Norway's second largest city and a very iconic seaside destination with an historic harbor area. We stayed in the midst of the action where we could walk easily to many of the popular attractions. Again, the weather was less than ideal but hey, this is Norway in late spring! Our first attraction was the Funicular, a cable car that climbs from the harbor to the top of Mt. Floyen at a very steep angle. The view from the top is stunning, especially on a clear and sunny day, which sadly wasn't the day we were there, but still worth the trip. Our knit hats came in very handy here in Norway. The blue one was hand knitted by our Tucson neighbor Darlene and has become quite the fashion statement!

Another must do in Bergen is the fish market where you will find most every variety of fresh seafood imaginable. In between pouring rain, we managed to have 2 meals there during our stay. Along with some great shopping (Lisa found a great needlepoint to keep her busy this summer) and additional sight seeing around the harbor area, we all had a great experience in Bergen and Lisa and Larry got yet another taste of the Norwegian lifestyle that Barb and I have become so fond of.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb