What Friends are Fjord


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
April 4th 2015
Published: April 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

SelfieSelfieSelfie

Gotta have a selfie
My first full day in Norway DID NOT disappoint! After making some new friends at the hostel the night before, we all planned to do a fjord cruise together to get a real taste of what this gorgeous country has to offer.

We were led a little astray as we tried to book the tour at maaaany different places, only to eventually end up starting a line at the docked boat an hour before it was supposed to leave to ensure we got our tickets!

But we got on, and man oh man was it worth it. We drove through spectacular fjords (for those of you who don't know what a fjord is, it was also explained to me yesterday as a narrow passage of water with steep banks or mountains on either side) and snow capped mountains, stopping at various waterfalls along the route. It was honestly just so beautiful, I'll post a bunch of pictures because Shawn took some with his DSLR which are unreal as well.

At one waterfall, the captain's assistant went to the nose edge of the boat as it nosed up close to the falling water and caught a bunch in a bucket. We, the passengers, were then able to taste the water, which I thought was some of the best I've ever had after that in Iceland ? (it's hard to beat an isolated country whose natural world is basically untouched !).

We all fell asleep on the way back to the harbour, but awoke to the sun shining off Bryggen, the centuries old wharf that Bergen is famous for, and disembarked the boat while greeted with farewells from el capitano himself.

Back at the hostel (this time on a bus because our Bergen card gets us free transit in the city, thank god!) I made my dinner and basically just chilled the rest of the night, talking, singing and playing jenga with the other occupants here.

You could say it was a pretty good day ?


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Whoa.Whoa.
Whoa.

My favourite picture of the day
FrienssFrienss
Frienss

Gotta have a group photo too right?
BryggenBryggen
Bryggen

The landscape picture that defines the city.


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0857s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb