Hiking day


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
August 4th 2019
Published: August 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

This morning started off cloudy again and was sunny and cloudy all day with a high of around 24. Perfect weather for some hiking. Seems like all of Norway gets out on a Sunday for a hike, bike or to walk the dog. We were headed for Fana but stopped en route as we saw an indicator for a tourist attraction and it was called Fanafjell. So, we thought we would check it out. It ended up being a lovely hike past lots of sheep wandering around and up a small mountain (actually one which Nigel had found online but thought the heights would be too much for me.....) with one of the best lookouts we have seen so far. The way up was a rocky/mossy rough trail but beyond the lookout, it became muddier and rockier. At one point Rachel accidentally stepped into the moss/mud and came up with no shoe! It was so funny. She was hopping around on one foot. With some effort, we managed to dig deep and pull the shoe out. It was muddy inside and out. Rachel was not happy and said "I'm gonna gag" which of course made us laugh harder. Anyways, shoe back on, we trudged on through mud and rocks and only Nigel got another soaker, although just water for him. I still think the view was worth it. However, my shoes made it back pretty clean. So, on to find the next hiking trail. But waylaid again by a sign for Fana Kulturpark. We made a stop again and walked around the paths, stopping to enjoy our picnic lunch beside a pond. There was also another gorgeous waterfall here. Back on the road again to find the next trail. This one was called Hordnesskogen and there were three different loops you could follow. We picked the yellow trail which was just over 5km and the trail was a gravel path through the woods so quite easy walking this time. Now we are back home putting our feet up and Russell wants to hit the turf shortly as usual.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb