Time Flies When In Norway.


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
September 3rd 2018
Published: September 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Di In Oslo.Di In Oslo.Di In Oslo.

So now she has joined the 70s. We will have to see what adventures we can conjure up.
Sad times as we head away from Norway and from family. After 5 weeks we must move on to Italy and Portugal to complete our visit to the Northern Hemisphere for 2018. Being the main purpose for our journeys is to catch up with Chris and all his extended family in Norway, it is always hard to leave. We do have so much fun with the kids and always enjoy the many activities that we do. Walks, both hard and easy, visiting places we haven't been before and a few social gatherings always keep us busy.

After our visit to Oslo we meet the family in Voss where we did a fantastic walk up the valleys in Stalhiem. A great walk into an area of great views and dramatic landscapes. Diane surprised herself by crossing a very difficult rock slide across a 300m drop, which in times gone by she would never have attempted. The benefit of new knees and a nagging husband who makes her walk lots to make sure she is fit enough for biking in Italy.

Back in Bergen we all had dinner with Rune and Lillen, to say goodbye, as they were leaving to go
Starting A Walk.Starting A Walk.Starting A Walk.

Dramatic landscape and a great walk through bush and over bluffs.
to France before we leave for Italy. Its always nice to catch up. I always get spoiled when Lillian brings one of her magic cakes for dessert. I can't help having seconds.

Chris and I squeezed another few hours fishing into the week and it proved to be a good decision. I have now caught my first decent fish in Norway, what a thrill that was. Not a biggie by any means, but, my first good fish after all the years of trying. Chris caught 3 also, so it was a great few hours fishing.

So, now I'm married to a 70 year old. Di has now joined me in the 70's club. The girls woke Di with a cake and candle, and a song in the morning, to start the day as it should be started. We had a celebration dinner with beautiful food and a few wines and now of course we head to Italy where I'm sure we will have a few refreshments to celebrate.

We always find it very very hard to leave here and I'm not sure who gets more upset. I think we all find it hard but with the knowledge
Up Through The Trees.Up Through The Trees.Up Through The Trees.

Quite a climb.
that we will be seeing them all at Christmas in NZ makes it a bit easier. The last 5 weeks have been brilliant and we have had a great time both doing things and relaxing.

Pip/Rod


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Up Through The Rocks.Up Through The Rocks.
Up Through The Rocks.

Still quite a climb.
Over The Cliff.Over The Cliff.
Over The Cliff.

Di surprised herself going over here. I think she handled it better than this old man.
Then Down Again.Then Down Again.
Then Down Again.

A bit of a testing walk in places.
Have A Rest. Have A Rest.
Have A Rest.

And enjoy the views.
The Start Of Autumn.The Start Of Autumn.
The Start Of Autumn.

Some of the foliage is showing the start of their colour.
Big Country.Big Country.
Big Country.

Beautiful Vista's. The track we walked is along the bluff on the left hand side.
Another Lillien Special.Another Lillien Special.
Another Lillien Special.

Seconds??? Yes Please.
Lillen, Rune and Diane.Lillen, Rune and Diane.
Lillen, Rune and Diane.

Discussing our travel plans.
At Last.At Last.
At Last.

A decent fish.
tranquility.tranquility.
tranquility.

In the mountains above Bergen.
Peace and Quite.Peace and Quite.
Peace and Quite.

I quite enveid these people paddling by.
Walking The Streets.Walking The Streets.
Walking The Streets.

Some times in Bergen these are a must.


Tot: 0.353s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 25; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb