5th March Søbstadbjerga


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Averoy
March 6th 2011
Published: March 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Went out at 11am in very windy weather. It was unusual for me - the wind was blowing from the West, some said SW, official forecast NW. Headed straight to the sea in to my daily walk hills to see the sea. Way to the horizon the sea was boiling with waves, ships would pass closer to the shore than usual. As the waves like fountains splashing way in the horizon, it showed that underwater rocks are pretty far away. was pretty cold, so I headed more inland, to Averøy island to the village Søbstad, thinking to visit carved stone from the late Stone age on the bedrock shaped by glacier river. Going on road appeared too boring, so i turned in to hills and lowlands and couldnt hold myself from going for higher hills, which i call mountains as they were highest in that area, called Søbstadbjerga. I was going slowly, with some loops around obstacles, nice that wind was blowing form the back and all the time snow storms avoided, fresh snow from the morning.
It was nice climbing, reached one of highest points - 193 m., still heading further as wind blows and heading down without reaching another high point - 213 m. Got on the road headed back, passing rock carving exit, but not going there as was getting late and snow storm seemed unavoidable. Luckily with strong wind they pass quickly, but got hit just by one powerful, from which I hided in the bus stop with a roof and even 2 soft chairs. After that wind calmed and on beautiful and quiet winter road i headed back. Only Langøy island met me with strong wind again. 6pm I was back home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Sobstad from the distanceSobstad from the distance
Sobstad from the distance

and thats where i was heading to.
MeekknøkenMeekknøken
Meekknøken

the tallest mountain in Averøy island - 751m
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

Dream mountains in the distance


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb