Ready Set .... Almost a Go ?


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Northern Norway » Bodø
June 27th 2019
Published: June 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Travel blog day 1 complete (day 1 and 2 just flowed into each other and became only 1) Written June 27 which was also part of the 26th!

At what point did the change happen? That imperceptible moment when everything was different yet the same. As we streaked across the sky at an altitude I don’t fathom in the Norwegian Air Rolls Royce at what point did dusk become night and then morning. When did that single blink of an eye miss that change? Somewhere over Greenland I realized the once darkening sky was now the rising sun! Where did Wednesday go and how can it be Thursday? There was that moment when approaching nightfall immediately disappeared and all of a sudden I realized I was looking thru the tinted plane window at a glaring ball of morning sun! Whoa!

Today, remember yesterday was a part of today, was a long hard day but it was also an adventure just beginning for the 4 of us. As the others now rest peacefully in our Bodo Airbnb I look out at the choppy water and across to the hills and the low peaks,some smattered with snow, from our perch on the hillside. It is now after midnight and technically the 28th but the only darkness here is that caused by a gray rainy night shrouded in the gloom of the weather not in the darkness one expects at night. We are now well north of the artic circle and tomorrow (well today actually) we ferry to the Lofoten Islands and begin our bike adventure.

This long day encompassing 2 days included 3 plane rides and would have include the Bodo to Lofoten 3 hour ferry ride had we made our connecting flight in Oslo. Our time table was simply too tight and we were forced to book a later flight to Bodo. So Bodo became another adventure in itself. A ride on the city bus to a spot roughly a half mile from the Airbnb we rented while in Oslo and then a walk up a hill guided only by Lois’ gps. Lois and Peggy ventured out on foot to find us beer while I attempted to order Peppa’s pizza with Isabelle’s phone. Sadly Lois and Peggy arrived back just in time for pizza but empty handed and drenched from the rain that had dumped on them!

Now I should try to rest. My body resists. It is only 3:30 pm at home and my body says it’s not time for bed. However I have only had short cat naps here and there over the last 2 days. Tomorrow we take a cab to the ferry!

PS photos will not load here - will add later


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb