From Munch to City Hall


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
June 19th 2017
Published: June 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Started the day with a visit to the Munch Museum. Although Munch's painting the 'Scream' is not on display here there are a large number of his paintings including the 'Sun'. The gallery is broken up into four main areas to highlight his art. I enjoyed the exhibition.

From here i caught the Metro to see the Oslo Cathedral, this was formerly known as Our Savior's Church and is the main church for the Church of Norway Diocese of Oslo, as well as the parish church for downtown Oslo. The building dates from 1694-1697. The church is mainly used by the NorwegianRoyal Family and the Norwegian Government for public events. Beautiful artwork on the ceiling.

I had a bit of a walk around the streets. Lots of people out and about enjoying their Sunday. Then onto the waterfront. Here there were even more people here.

The Nobel Peace Center is located near here so I thought worth a visit. I was a bit disappointed. The Center presents the Nobel Peace Prize laureates and their work by multimedia and interactive technology. The idea is that you pick random laureates and find out about them.

Across the road from here is the City Hall. It is a lovely building with large fresco paintings and tapestries. It and the Cathedral are both free to visit.

A little bit of a quieter day after the hectic days before.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb