Holmenkollen


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
August 1st 2012
Published: August 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Continuing our tour to Holmenkollen, the huge ski jump visible in the mountains north of the city. And more importantly to lunch.

About 350m above sea level, literally in the northern suburbs. views across the fjord. Noticeably cooler in the hills although we have the best sunny day.

Lunch was - surprise surprise - fish!

Entree: prawns (maybe better to call them shrimp) with a fennel salad and a cream cheese mousse. Main: Atlantic pollack (a fish not named after Amy Pollock) with asparagus and mushrooms and a hollandaise sauce. Beer: served English style. Cool but not cold.

Then further up the mountain to the ski jump, built solely to hold world jump championships, and used maybe twice a year. Huge. Underneath it is a ski simulator. Andrew is a keen skier. So naturally we got in. Mental note: Andrew doesn't do rides. Hours of nausea ensue putting an end to the rest of the day!

Back to the hotel for free time which turned into a snooze and 12 hours later here I am writing a blog when I should have been asleep!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



2nd August 2012

A theme appears
First you tell me about the free Norwegian porn, and now it's topless sun baking. I like the subject matter, but I don't see the pictures that should accompany it.
3rd August 2012

LOL
I WANT TO GO IN THE SKI THINGY

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb