Children


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
September 28th 2005
Published: September 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We had a really cool teaching Wednesday night on children's mininstry. It was such a great perspective on children. The couple that spoke have a ministry out of Guatamala focused on children. They were talking about how people don't really aspire to be children's ministers but only use it as a stepping stone but how incredibly important it is. The children truly are the future. He said the reason revivals happen but die in that particular generation was because the fire is not passed to the children. He said God can work just as mightly through a child as an adult, that there is no such thing as a 5 year old Holy Spirit. The same power that an adult that is filled with the Holy Spirit has is the same in a child. When he goes to churches he has the children pray for the adults who come up to the front of the church. I thought that was so cool! He also said children are the target of the enemy and they should be our major mission field so they can be saved from things of this world. We need to take ministering to children as a privilege. When we see a child we should take even just 7 seconds to speak words of life to them. We take the time to tell them how cute their pink dress is but think if we took that time to say "you are a champion b/c God made you & God has a plan for you! You can do all things because Christ is with you and stengthens you!" Building a child up in the relationship with Christ rather then teaching them to focus on their outside. He also said they have baby ministry where they actually share the Word with babies (& even how we should read the Bible to the baby in the womb).
Children are so impressionable and can learn so much when they are young, they are the way to transform the future generations, we need to take ministering to them more seriously! God bless those who are willing to be used by God to reach the children.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 5; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0951s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb