Daily Life


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
September 13th 2005
Published: September 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today during chapel the founder of Jesus Revolution spoke about the missions perspective of the organization. Jesus Revolution is seeking to open a base in the US to mobilize American youth to come and do missions in Europe. He spoke a little about the history of Europe and how when Europeans first came to America there were two groups: the first seeking jobs and opportunities and the other fleeing from religious persecution. So many nations in Europe were almost emptied those truly seeking God and religious freedom. Now in Europe there are < 0.1% of evangelical Christians (where the gospel is being preached so people can understand and it is not just religion). He quoted Acts 16: 6-9 and said he feels Europe is now crying out for help. He said there must be a bridge between Americans and Europe to enable more workers into Europe (especially of American’s origin from Europe). Right now there are 7.5 thousand Mormon youth from American in Europe but rarely see Evangelical youth from America so Jesus Revolution is seeking to change that. The desire is to create a spiritual alliance.

We spoke more about evangelism. A verse that I really like was when Jesus is speaking about the parable of the lost sheep. The Shepard goes after the lost sheep until he has found it, he does not give up. So that needs to be our attitude towards God’s lost sheep

“Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. He leaves the ninety-nine in the wilderness and looks for the one that is lost until he finds it, doesn’t he? 5When he finds it, he puts it on his shoulders and rejoices. 6Then he goes home, calls his friends and neighbors together, and says to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my lost sheep!’ 7In the same way, I tell you that there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance.” (John 15:4-7)

We have been given Power (Acts 1:8, Acts 5:28). We have been given authority to destroy the works of the devil. We are a carrier of Jesus so wherever we go we bring Jesus and when we face anything it is with the power of Jesus. Since Jesus has already defeated the devi,l we are fighting for what is God’s. People without God, they have been paid for by Jesus and by His power we have been given the authority and the right to fight to get them. 1 John 2:6 says to walk to walk as He walked and when He walked He prayed, preached, taught and healed. His power and anointing is in us, we are His feet, mouth, hands and the Spirit works through us. God is the one how sends Acts 10:38. Just as Jesus, we are anointed with the Holy Spirit, and power, and so when we can go around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God is with us. Also the Spirit of the Lord in on us (Luke 4:18). He has anointed us to preach the good news and fulfill His purpose. We can pray for God to change us to have a heart like His for people in order to complete God’s great commission. So we start to love Him and when we see His amazing love for us we’ll want to share it with others. Hell is not a topic to joke about. God does not want any to be lost but without God there is no hope and the truth is hell is the only alternative to God. It breaks God’s heart and by not sharing Jesus with those who do not know Him, we as believers are wasting what Jesus did for them! We need to have more guts than the devil and have the attitude of a Shepard to take back the people who belong to God because they too have been bought by Jesus’ blood.

Dancing
My new schedule is as follows:
6:15 wake up
6:45-7:45 PT (personal time with God - reading His Word and praying)
7:45-8:20 breakfast
8:20 room inspection
8:30-9:30 praise & worship
9:30 - 12 teaching
12-1 lunch
40 minutes Bible Memory
---------------------------------- (up to this point is the same M-F)
Monday, Tuesday - dancing 2 hours before dinner and 2.5 hours after dinner
Wednesday - booking the concert tour instead of dancing
Thursday - booking before dinner, dancing 2.5 hours after dinner
Friday - dancing 3.5 hours before dinner, after dinner team gathering (time to pray and get to know our teams better), than an hour of evangelism on the street from 8:30-9:30

M-F whatever the activity is we go until 9:30 then we have supper and lights out at 10:30.

Dancing actually has been incredibly fun! My body is so sore and the counts and steps are difficult at times but I think I am doing pretty good despite my lack of experience. We have learned 3 dances so far (I think - or at least parts of 3 different dances). The are all different: hip hop, modern, to a ballet like one. So my brain and body are getting a workout. Last year the average attendance at a concert was 166 people. If you had told me even last May that I would be moving to Europe and dancing for Jesus I would’ve never believed you. It is so crazy but cool how God works and shows you He can use you in many different ways - even fun ways as this.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb