Oslo, Norway


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
July 22nd 2007
Published: July 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

July 22st, 2007
Oslo, Norway

Well as luck would have it, the last port was almost the best. The ship stops minutes from the main castle and the hop on, hop off bus was one great loop of the town and we saw it all.
First stop was at tante Carmen’s suggestion the Vigeland outdoor park and museum with 225 brass sculptures of life from birth to death through naked bodies: absolutely spectacular. Hop back on and we rode to the Viking ship museum, again a good suggestion, just beautiful. We then rode the loop and stepped off to see the votive ships at the Oslo cathedral- which was closed! We walked the pedestrian mall, bought sandwiches and a beer and picnicked beside the Palace. We walked past the city hall and found the Norwegian Resistance museum in the Castle, which Terry wanted to see so as to find John Nyhuus’ dad, maybe we did see his picture.
A 9 to 4:30 day and touring is over, thank God, we are exhausted; can’t wait to relax at the cottage. Sail away starting at 6 will be beautiful as the scenery is like a mix of McGregor lake and Georgian Bay.
Lovely day, la cerise du voyage!
One sea day left and then train to Paris and fly home the 25th.
Love to all and see you soon.
Ps: the captain just called us all up to salute the Maasdam, a sister ship of our Prinsendam, it left the dock at 5, we leave in an hour.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb