Family Meeting & Reunion


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
May 29th 2023
Published: May 31st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Oslo FjordOslo FjordOslo Fjord

A selfie of us on Henning’s boat.
After a lovely breakfast prepared by Hilde, we set off with Henning on his boat to enjoy a view of Oslo from the water. We set sail from Snarøya to sail in the Oslo Fjord. Henning, Ørjan, Oda, Shelley, Kristine, and I set off for the fjord. On the way there, we saw the USS Harry Truman leaving the harbour after a visit.

We sailed in the waters of the fjord and then Henning received a text from a friend of his who was moored at anchor close by who forgot to bring enough water. He wanted to make some coffee. So, we came alongside his boat and tied up with him. Oda (Hilde’s niece) decided to go in for a swim. I thought that was a good idea too, but I had no swim trunks. Bjørn, Henning’s friend, gave me a pair from his boat to wear, and in I went! My reward (and Oda’s) was an ‘Ostepop” (basically a very tasty cheesie).

We then made our way back to Henning and Hilde’s place to freshen up to meet more family. Henning and Hilde opened up their home to the greater family to come and see us. Some
SwimmingSwimmingSwimming

Me getting ready to jump in the water!
members of the family hadn’t met one another before, so our coming to Norway was a genesis of sorts. A beautiful spread of food was laid out for us all, ’gammel bilder’ were looked at, old stories and new were exchanged, along with some gifts and plenty of drink.

The evening ended around 22:30 - 23:00 when the last guests left. Henning and I stayed up until about 2:30 am drinking scotch and beer. Fantastic conversation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

OstepopOstepop
Ostepop

Oda and I enjoying our prize for swimming - an “Ostepop”.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb