Enroute to Utrecht


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
May 19th 2015
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.0908, 5.12222

Our departure from Amsterdam went pretty smoothly. We had gone in yesterday to arrange for the bikes so we thought it would go rather quickly. It did not but that was okay since it was to our advantage. The bike shop owner wanted to check out bike mechanics, grease the chains, change the seats, and put air in the tires. All the while he was working he was explaining to us about his life and desires. He came from Serbia to Amsterdam because his wife got a job there. He bought two bikes and in two days took them apart and reassembled them over and over so he could learn everything he could about bikes. He learned enough to open the store but he's thinking of branching out and adding motor scooters to his inventory. He is an avid bicyclist when he's got the opportunity because he has a second job of installing wood floors. When all was ready we departed to begin our ride to Utrecht.

However, the weather did not cooperate. The rain was off and on, with high winds and afternoon storms. Because of this we were unable to take many photos to share with you.

In our taking shelter from the storms we did meet some wonderful people. At one point during the day we got separated and these people helped us to reconnect, going way out of their way to help us, something we truly appreciated. Haike, especially, reached out providing special help.

We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast out in the country last night which was very nice. This was recommended to us by one of the people who helped us earlier in the day. It was good to get out of the wind and the rain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb