Dordrecht and Delivery


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
July 19th 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.8112, 4.66814

To Jan and Joke, please find enclosed one Australian couple, from Jan, Lina and Marielle. Sadly, its that time again. Saying goodbye to a place, storing experience to memory, saying goodbye to people, and of course, packing our packs. Its sad to move from a place we have enjoyed so, but all there is to do is look forward to new experiences and fun times ahead. We have another full week in Holland. Ive just booked a train trip from Amsterdam to Berlin, next Friday the 26th at 3pm. We will spend three nights there, then on to Munich.
We enjoyed a casual start to our final day today, and tasty breakfast. Scrambled eggs, cheese, mouses, eggcakes and roggebrod. I didn't much fancy the latter. After breakfast it was time to do something about Natalies cough and asthma. It was either a doctor now, or a mortician in 25 minutes. Lina took her to a nearby doctor. A full appointment wasn't really necessary, the doctor happy to issue a referral upon evidence of her current ventalin inhalers. It was a bit costly around 70 euros, but worth it to make Nat better. Next to the mall for a haircut, some new clothes for Nat and to return the hard drive we purchased lately. The haircut was momentarily concerning with the hairdresser not speaking English, but I came out with the normal style, no shaved head, braids or pink highlights. We returned the hard drive for a new camera/micro sim card and 40 Euros change.
Last tour with the Struiks, an afternoon in Hollands oldest town of Dordrecht. We completed a walking tour through the streets, a Hof, market square and to the canals for a boat tour.
Our last supper with the Struiks was a ravioli, before bundling our packs into the car and making the journey East. About an hour later we were at the Vonks in Heteren. We all sat up late chatting, Jan S and I sharing a local beer from Hendrik Ido Ambacht.
Weve taken up residence in Jan and Jokes attic, next to the room I stayed in some 7 years ago. Were looking forward to another nice week in Holland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

MonumentMonument
Monument

In Dordrecht, the Netherlands was born
Leaning Tower of DordrechtLeaning Tower of Dordrecht
Leaning Tower of Dordrecht

Leans 30cm at the base, 2m at the top


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb