Breskens to Numansdorp


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
April 15th 2016
Published: May 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

10th

Breskens to Haringurten Island – 13nm

As we were entering the sea lock at Vlissingen we noticed another boat coming out…turned out it was the customs boat and we were still flying the Q flag (we were a bit tired yesterday) Anyhow, sure enough, they turned around and called they wanted to board…we told them we’d signed in yesterday and had the paperwork, but they still wanted to board. Fortunately at that moment, a ferry was also coming in so they told us to go through the lock and tie up on the other side…where they would meet us. We got through the lock and tied up immediately on our starboard side as instructed…and there they were standing on the top of the pontoon waiting. So, we tied up and got our paperwork. Turns out the paperwork we had was only for immigration (even though it said border control) and we still needed paperwork from Customs. Phil went back to their ship to fill in said paperwork and in turn got a good tour of the boat, made friends with the Captain and completed formalities. He was gone quite a while, but now we have clearance into Europe and also a new starting date for Vat on our boat!! All turns out well in the end. Then it was onwards and up the canal..through a number of bridges, not all opening as we approached, but eventually opening for us. WE were considering stopping at Middleburg, but with the delay by customs and the knowledge that a secluded island awaited us…we continued on. Sure enough, there was just one yacht tied up at the jetty. They were a Dutch family just out for the day. So we had the whole island to ourselves once they left. We went for an explore, but once again it was quite muddy from recent rains. We still saw the deer though.

11th – 15th

Haringurten to Numansdorp – 38nm

AN early start today as we knew we wanted to get all the way to Numansdorp…in daylight. Quite a long motor, but easily doable, had to dodge quite a bit of traffic where one canal from Antwerp entered into ours and we had to get across both canals, with heaps of barges in between..but tricky!

So nice to pull into Numansdorp…a familiar marina…and right beside Boomerang too. I jumped off our boat at one stage and thought..Oh Boomerang..that’s normal…forgetting that we hadn’t been together the last 12mths!!

A few days in Numansdorp to get boat ready for visitors, riding bikes into the town to do some shopping, catching up with familiar faces… and finally getting to see the Boomerang Crew!! Got up to their place on Thursday and were flying out Sat morning, so nice to have a few days together again. The boys have grown since we’ve seen them last, but switched straight back into speaking English to us without hesitation. Amazing considering they don’t speak much English when we’re not around!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.453s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb