Day 2


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
July 1st 2015
Published: July 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After one night on Stapper we packed our stuff again to get on the way. Unfortunately we discovered that Yakamoz had developed allergies for mosquito bites. Thats not good news for our trip since there are mosquitos everywhere. So after a quick visit to the pharmacy for allergy pills we took a train back to Hengelo for the passport. We had to walk so many hours in the burning sun with our backpacks to the gasstation. A couple took us from there but they realised that they were on the wrong way so they dropped us in Melle, in a gasstation on the wrong side of the road we later realized. We had to hitch a ride to the wrong direction to the north of Osnabruck where we could cross the highway over a bridge. By then it was already late in the evening and we had given up hope of getting very far that day. Shortly after we got a nice ride with a very funny guy who entertained us for an hour or so till Dusseldorf, where we decided to call it a day. Luckily there was a gap in the fence of the gas station so that we could camp in the forest next to it. It was an exhausting day, but we ended up sleeping in a magical place surrounded by fireflies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0767s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb