2021 PieterPad (498 km North to South of The Netherlands)


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
September 16th 2021
Published: March 31st 2023
Edit Blog Post

PieterPadPieterPadPieterPad

498 km
During the Covid Lockdown we started walking. But walking along the same park, day after day, was boring. Everything changed since we decided to start the PieterPad trail. It was fun, we both enjoyed it and it has become our new hobby and sport.

The “PieterPad” is a 498 km walking route from the North to the South of the Netherlands. It starts in the North of Groningen in a tiny village called “Pieterburen” and it ends in the South, Maastricht, on the top of Mount Saint Peter “St, Pieterberg”, at an astonishing altitud of 109 meters. These two places give the name to the popular path. The route runs South, along the German border and it is divided into 26 stages of around 20 km each. It is a wonderful walk through the woods, polders, Dutch villages, farms and the big rivers: the Rhine and the Moselle.

A day out walking in the Netherlands is wonderful: the nature, the Man Made Nature and the history: 500 kilometres full of history from the Ice age to the II World War. At the end of every stage we indulged ourselves with beer, wine and “bitterballen”! A good motivation to start the next one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 226, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb