In Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
August 29th 2016
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.3738, 4.89095

Well we made it to Amsterdam. The flights went well. Our luggage arrived and our driver was there to meet us. He took us to our hotel and we checked in. The room wasn't quite ready, so they gave us a voucher for the bar and we had a drink and waited. And waited,and waited. They said about 20 minutes, so after 45 I went down to inquire. They apologized and gave us another voucher and said 15 minutes. After another 45 minutes I again inquired about the room. This time they gave us a different room on the top floor with a better view. We went up and unpacked and took a long nap.
The next morning we went out for a tour of the old part of the city. We visited the Royal Palace, Nieuwe Kerk, which is the new church, built in the 15th century, the National Monument. We had a quick lunch and headed over to the red light district. Alas, no free samples today. It was quite dead. We only found one lady in a window and she looked like she was in her 50's and not in very good shape. Sorry no pics of that area, it is not allowed.
We then visited the Oude Kerk, the old church, built around the 13th century. We found one more old church, but it was closed. We then took a water taxi for a ride thru some of the many canals.
Then it was back to our hotel for a drink and back to our room. After a little rest, we went out for a nice Italian dinner. Then back to our room. Tomorrow we go to see the Ann Frank house.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



29th August 2016

Would have loved to see the inside of the closed church. Look forward to the updates. Have a great time.
30th August 2016

Awesome photos. Glad you finally got a "Nice" room with a view. So much to see and do, it hard to take it all in, but looks like you both are managing to see everything.Thanks for the photos. have fun. Hugs Linda and Joe
30th August 2016

Looks more like a business building with all those windows....
30th August 2016

Beautiful!
30th August 2016

Are the houses on land or floating?
30th August 2016

Looking good.
30th August 2016

There's a couple I know and love. Have fun!
17th September 2016

Great picture!

Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb