Back in Holland


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » South Holland » Rotterdam
July 3rd 2006
Published: August 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Rotterdam - Town HallRotterdam - Town HallRotterdam - Town Hall

Outside the Town Hall with Dad and Peter. This is where Mum and Dad got married over a century ago...
Holland was another chance to catch up with family and relax, and finally the weather started to warm up. We went to Bruges and Gent for a day trip, which are both very picturesque historical towns in Belgium, tasting some of their world famous beers and chocolates going back for seconds and thirds etc! Another day we visited an area close to where we were staying and took a boat cruise down a canal to see all the windmills. We also went to a place called Medurodam which is a like a miniature model of the main attractions in Holland - it is quite an amazing place where it is done to replica on a scale of 1:25. Lastly we visited Gouda which is known for its Cheese, of which we naturally had to taste and buy some. It is here that I succumbed to the pressure of trying a Dutch Delicacy, raw Herring. The stinky slimy fishy taste was all that you would imagine it to be and kept repeating on me for the next few hours. The weather in Holland has been hot and great and we hope it continues for the rest of our travels.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Kinderdyk - WindmillsKinderdyk - Windmills
Kinderdyk - Windmills

Speaks for itself - Pip, Ric, Windmills
Gouda - Raw HerringGouda - Raw Herring
Gouda - Raw Herring

Never, never, never again. Not ever!


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb