Traveling Europe


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » South Holland » Rotterdam
May 18th 2011
Published: May 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Gouda Town Hall - Rear ViewGouda Town Hall - Rear ViewGouda Town Hall - Rear View

The town hall was built of sandstone in the middle of the 15th century. The building houses a restaurant and pub where patrons can enjoy a jazz gig on Sunday afternoons.
Our apologies for the false-starts we've encountered with this blog site. We're fighting through the technical difficulties and protocols; hopefully, we've come most of the way and won't cause you any more inconveniences.
_____________________________________________________________

Our trip from the U.S. began on Wednesday evening 5/11/2011, and we arrived in Amsterdam, NL, Thursday morning 5/12. We took the train from Amsterdam to Rotterdam where our youngest daughter, Kelly, son-in law, Andrew and granddaughters Maple and Hazel currently live, while Kelly works for six months in Rotterdam. We have set up our Europe HQ here and activated our 3-month Euro-Rail train pass which allows us to travel to 22 countries in Europe for 3 months. We can travel by rail as much as we want during this time with all seating in first-class (a bonus for this type of rail pass).

We needed to recover from the time change so we spent the first two days at HQ enjoying the family.
Our first train trip took us to the town of Gouda, a 40 minute ride from Rotterdam. We explored the town and enjoyed lunch, an art workshop event, and a Sunday afternoon Jazz gig in a local pub. Great day!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb