[B] Utrecht and the Waal


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » Province of Utrecht » Utrecht
September 11th 2007
Published: September 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we visited my great auntie Joop at her home just outside Utrecht. We had a good chat and Rochelle played hostess making us coffee, soup and lunch then more coffee. Joop told us some of our family history and told us how to find the house where she and my Opa (grandfather) grew up.

After lunch we left Joop and set off to find the house. We found the road without too much trouble and think we found the right house. We took a few snaps of the house and the surrounding area then had a look around the nearby village whicg was nice, though everything was closed by this time. There was a neat old windmill on the road too which was a treat since they seem to be a bit thin on the ground these days.

Tommorow we are heading to Leeuwarden in North Holland to see my cousin Femke.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



11th September 2007

Hey - great to see you spending heaps of time in the Netherlands! You guys are doing exactly what I want to do - visit all the family. How's Rochelle going with the language? Have you seen the bike buildings yet? Have a nice trip - oh, and eat lots of cheese!

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb