The last long drive


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 15th 2006
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Planes01 Planes01 Planes

This shows how close our Berlin campsite is to the airport, it was noisy!
Geo: 52.3738, 4.89095

Today is the last long drive that we will have to do. It's the same routine as every other drive day; get on the bus early, sleep, watch movies, listen to music, read a book/magazine, eat lunch at a service station car park and stop every two hours at a service station for toilet stops and to give the driver a break.
Today we drove through the border and we didn't even realize it. On the way to camp we stopped at a clog and cheese making factory. We were shown how they make dutch cheeses and clogs. At the end I tasted some cheese and it was good. Then we drove to camp and set up tents for the last time. 10 mins later we were back on the bus and going into town.
Nev dropped us off at the main drag and we had 45 mins to eat dinner before we had to meet up. Ate some noodles that could have done with more flavour. A few of us sat down for a drink and I tried cherry beer. It was good and much nicer than normal beer.
We all met at 8.30 and went for a walk through
02 Canola02 Canola02 Canola

On the way to the Netherlands, there were many fields of canola
the Red Light District. There were sex shops and shows everywhere. Most of the group were going to a sex shop. Myself and a few others didn't want to spend 27 euros watching a couple have sex. So we walked out of the district and bought souvenirs until we had to meet them again.
There were quite a few stoned people around and you could smell where the coffee shops were. We walked back to the sex show to meet the rest of the group. While we waited I looked around and saw the women in the windows with blinds and doors. Saw men walk in, blinds close and then soon after the men come out with smiles on their faces. There are women with red or blue lights. Red means they are born female, blue means they are/were males. It was all very interesting. There are areas of young, old, older and different races of women- something for everyone. The group had mixed reactions to the show; amusing when others were called up onto stage, shocked at the props used and impressed by the pole dancing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

03 Houses03 Houses
03 Houses

Houses on the canal
04 Windmill04 Windmill
04 Windmill

Our first windmill- we are hoping to see many more
05  Cheese05  Cheese
05 Cheese

The cheese maker with fresh, mature and a really mature cheese
06 Clogs and more clogs06 Clogs and more clogs
06 Clogs and more clogs

Lots of clogs waiting to be bought
07 Demo07 Demo
07 Demo

A demonstration of how clogs are made
08 The campsite08 The campsite
08 The campsite

This is a typical Topdeck campsite, usually the tents are not as crammed together
09 Table sculpture09 Table sculpture
09 Table sculpture

Tables upon tables
10 Cherry beer10 Cherry beer
10 Cherry beer

The cherry beer I drank before going into the Red Light District
11 Canal by night11 Canal by night
11 Canal by night

A blurry photo of a church and the canal
12 Febo12 Febo
12 Febo

This is where people go when they are stoned and don´t want to have to speak to people to ask for food. You just insert money, open the door and take your food!


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb