Part 3 of the Around Europe Trip


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
February 18th 1997
Published: October 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This is continued from Basel. Upon our arrival at the Central Station in Amsterdam we started to make our way for the information booth. It was another situation where we had no reservations and we going to just find our way. Used to do that a lot. I’d never do it again. But when we were young its how we rolled.

We ended up following someone to a hotel that was nothing special. It was over on the edge of the red-light district. This trip was February 1997 and it is now October 2006 as I write this so I don’t remember many details.

Once checked in we headed out and started our touring. It was the first time either of us had been to Amsterdam. So we were just taking in the sights of the city and wandering around. A couple of stops in stores and what not and more sight seeing. This first trip was really quick. We were here for only one night.

The evening was spent in a pub playing pool and just hanging out. Not everyone’s ideal but it works for Mike and me.

The next day we decided that we were indeed going to leave town that evening. So when we woke up we made our way to the train station to arrange our night train to Munich. That done we went and checked out and then found some lunch. A quick stop through the sex museum followed by a couple pints and we were ready to get on our way.

But the train wasn’t there yet and Mike decided to sit down on the floor in the station. Very funny since the local police didn’t approve. We finally boarded and found our bunks. Gave the ID and papers to the conductor for the border crossings and off I was to sleep.

This is continued on my Munich page.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb