Last day in Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 24th 2015
Published: May 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

For our last day in Amsterdam we decided to skip the museums and such and instead did some touristy things. After breakfast we headed out to go on a canal cruise. Along the way I stopped for the obligatory waffle and we grabbed some water bottles at a local supermarket. (One thing that is hard to come by here is a public toilet. Most museums have only one bathtoom no matter how big the museum. Also, we have only come across 2 drinking fountains since we left the US and both of those were at the British Museum in London.)

Today was a busy day for canal boat tours. All the boats were packed, including the one we were on. After the boat ride, and another frantic search for a bathroom, we headed towards the Amsterdam Dungeon Tour. Along the way we passed through the periphery of the red light district. Based on what we saw it was more of a light pink.

The dungeon tour is a romp through the penal history of Amsterdam in the 15th and 16th centuries. They use live actors and it includes audience participation, of which Brendan was one of those chosen to participate.

Since we skipped lunch again (waffles are not a sustitute) we were quite hungry so we stopped in at an Argentine restaurant. We both had steak. From there it was only about a 2 km walk to the hotel. We decided to stop in at the pancake restaurant near the hotel for one last go at Dutch food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb