BLT Day #16: Back on land - at least for a little while...


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 9th 2015
Published: May 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The disembarkation day on a ship is usually another "hurry up and wait" kind of day. Since the ships board new passengers the same day that we get off, they are eager to get you out of your cabin as quickly as possible (hurry up). That doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get off the ship quickly. You're usually assigned to a "holding" area until it's your turn to get off (wait). That's what we were expecting this time as well.

However, we left our cabin at 8am and headed to our holding area, waited only a few minutes to disembark, picked up luggage, boarded our transfer bus, and quickly headed off to London Heathrow. It was the fastest and easiest disembarkation we've experienced.

Once we got to the airport, there was some waiting, but that's always ok with us. We would greatly prefer to be early for a flight than late. It also gave us some time to clean out emails and catch up with facebook postings. We didn't miss TV or newspapers while we were at sea, but we sure did miss inexpensive broadband!

Our flight to Amsterdam was late but very nice. We had never flown KLM before, but their business class service was excellent. When we arrived in Amsterdam, it was easy to clear customs, pick up bags and catch a taxi to our airport. The sun in shining today and we're hoping it'll be just as nice tomorrow when we actually have time to see the city.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb