One More Night...


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
August 28th 2014
Published: August 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The last day. I have been in Europe for just a couple days shy of two months now, and it has absolutely flown by. The groups I've been with range from a size of just me to 30, and every size, place, and time has been amazing.

For our last day, we decided to visit a few of the museums in Amsterdam. We got a late start, but stopped by a local bakery called Bagels & Beans that was recommended by Marie. Unfortunately, she left this morning, so we were on our own for the day; however, her recommendation was on spot. We'll actually be going to another branch of it tomorrow before we leave.



We split up then, with Liz, one of our resident Physical Therapy ladies, going to the Body Worlds exhibit here. A wholly unsurprising decision, but not one that I would make myself! There's a reason I don't study biology. The rest of us went to the Rijksmuseum, which is one of the older museums in the area. It basically is a collection covering Dutch history, starting back at the 1100s and going up to the present day. it had some famous pieces such as The Nightwatch and The Battle of Waterloo, as well as a decent collection of Rembrandt, Van Gogh, and their contemporaries. We then got lunch and went to a museum that had a slightly better Van Gogh collection: The Van Gogh Museum. That museum houses several of his better known works, including The Bedroom, Wheatfield With Crows, and several flower pictures, including one or two of his Sunflowers series.



That took us up through the early evening. At that point, we headed back to the hotel. There, we sadly got to work packing and cleaning up our rooms. We went out to a late dinner and bowling for our last night, and now are finishing preparations to head out tomorrow morning on a flight back to Boston!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb