Day 21


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 25th 2013
Published: May 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our last full day, we started it off wih a pannenkoeken breakfast at De Caroussel after which we walked through the streets and did some shopping.

We tried to see De Nieuwe Kerk this time, there was an exhibition about the April 30th coronation but when we went to the counter for tickets they were asking 15€. This was more than the Louvre so we looked at each other and said NO, and we noticed a few Dutch people annoyed at this price as well and leaving! Overpriced! We did wonder around and ended up in some interesting streets (see photos).

That night we stayed at The Mercure Hotel in The Schiphol terminal, great hotel, there we wondered through the airport and admired the amenities such as a meditation lounge, library, museum, kids napping areas and lounges, amazing and efficient. Also, the Bols Area, where you could touch the large screen and the person on the screen asks you what kind of drink you would like (with Jenever/Gin) and they show you how to mix it, then at the end he says, "you can smell it can't you? And he whips the drink at the screen and you can actually smell it (there is a small vent that puffs out scented air, then you can print the recipe. Wow! (photo)

Two thumbs up for the WC's/bathrooms at Schiphol, see diagram on the photo that gives instructions on how to clean the toilet before you sit on it, guess I came by my germ-a-phobia honestly, hahaha.

Stay tuned for our final blog summary and photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Inside the Royal PalaceInside the Royal Palace
Inside the Royal Palace

The room where Queen Beatrix signed her abdication on April 30, 2013


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb