Schipol is so cool!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
March 30th 2013
Published: April 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

First leg of my epic journey to China completed with a short flight to the very cool Schipol airport in Amsterdam. I love this crazy airport so much. There's the seating made to look like your own living room complete with sofas and log effect fires and the library, the art gallery and the Delftware teacup seats in the restaurant. Then there's the weird cocktail bar with signs saying 'see', 'smell', 'taste' and bizarrely 'hear'!! A new addition to this area was a grand piano that anyone could just sit down and play. But best of all this time was seeing a couple of uniformed police officers, complete with guns, weaving in and out of the crowds ON SEGWAYS!!

As we taxi-ed over a canal (yes really!) the inflight info was saying 6,100 miles to Hong Kong!

Hong Kong here I come 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Schipol airport librarySchipol airport library
Schipol airport library

Cultured and cool - I love the Dutch way of doing things.
Schipol airport art gallerySchipol airport art gallery
Schipol airport art gallery

Quick look at some Dutch paintings while waiting for your flight. How brilliant is that?
Schipol airport food areaSchipol airport food area
Schipol airport food area

Turning a boring, run of the mill food eating/seating area into something more interesting. Great decorative ideas from the cool Dutch.


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb