Made it to Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 20th 2010
Published: May 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I made to Amterdam with very few problems. Plane left Las Vegas about 10 minutes late. Arrived a Healthrow and no gate so sat on ground for about 10 minutes and needed to wait for a bus to get us to the terminal. No big problem, but at that point I had only about 30 minutes to recheck through security and get to my gate for the connection to Amsterdam. Made it about 5 minutes before the plane was scheduled to depart; last person on the plane. In US they wouldn't have let me on. Smooth flight to Amsterdam and David was waiting to me meet. My baggage, however, didn't make it, but was delivered to hotel by 9 PM last night so all is well. Actually, that bag was quite heavy so this actually saved us from having to take it on the train with us and on the 20 block walk to the hotel.

Amsterdam looks just like you expect it to look - tall narrow buildings and canals everywhere. Our hotel room is quite small, but very nice with wonderful duvets for blankets. Stairs are like climbing a ladder so glad we only have one flight to go. Wandered around a little last evening and had something to eat before I collapsed. I only slept about 20 min on the plane so was exhausted. David had meatballs and gravy (very good) and I had thai pancakes - a large whole wheat crepe fillled with chicken, veggies and thai seasoning. Our hotel is in the museum district so will do some of that today and figure out how to get the RV rental place. We pick up our RV tomorrow. Weather only in the high 50's. We have multiple layers on, but you get recognize the Dutch. They are the ones in short sleeves and some in shorts. Also bicycles everywhere. You are more likely to get run over by a bike at an intersection than by a car. Lights have multiple signals directing cars, bikes and pedestrians.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb