Booo Brussels


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
July 18th 2008
Published: July 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from Northern Europe!

We are back in Amsterdam and I (Sara) am SO pumped to get ready to go home. We had the most ridiculous time leaving the Cinque Terre. Our flight to Brussels from Milan was delayed for ages and we all crowded into the RyanAir plane for about 2 hours. Upon landing in Brussels, it hit us that we were no longer by the Mediterranean and the 54 degree weather had us with all our clothing on in an attempt to keep warm. Southern Europe is muchhh more suited to my tastes and I had half a mind to get right back on the plane and go back to Italy. I'm having gelato withdrawals already. Anywho, our luck ran out in regards to accommodation and Leah and I ended up spending the night in the airport, trying to get some sleep, failing, and briefly plotting to head to Poland for one last hurray. Luckily the delirium was only temporary and we decided that sticking to Western Europe was probably a better idea. Anyway, we ended spending about 12 hours in Brussels, all of which took place in the airport or train station. Our original destination was Hamburg, Germany but thanks to the unreliable Belgian trains (I thought we got over that in Italy!!), we missed one of our many connections and, as a result, were stranded in Amsterdam. Boohoo. Finally, after a brief panic period where we once again had no idea where we were going to stay, we managed to find a THREE STAR HOTEL at a steal of a price, although it still had us wincing. So we are going to head there after publishing this blog and sleep for 16 hours straight...or so I hope. Anyway, if Leah wants to add anything, here she is. Much love and we will see you in THREE DAYS!!!!

You should have seen us get excited for Poland though... We were pretty nerdy. ''We'll put it in our blog and then everyone won't know what to do with themselves, BA HAHAHAHAHA!'' Verbatim. But to be fair, it was 4:30 in the morning and we had been staring at the bloody Eurail map for a few hours. We have had quite the adventure in the last week; it's like playing really unfun game called ''Where in the hell will Sara and Leah sleep tonight???'' But finally we have found some peace of mind, plus we get free breakfast tomorrow!!! And the day after! If you have been traveling this long you would be excited too, trust me. Anyway, Sara pretty much covered it. I wanna go back to Italy and regain my already-fading tan, I need gelato STAT and my body is vitamin D-deficient once again. Friggits. You guys better do some sun dances for when we get back because if it is raining then you've got some splaining to do... Wow I need sleep. Time for hotel (*Note: Hotel, sans the S in the middle) and maybe tomorrow we will pop on by the Red Light District for some good clean fun. See you soon and miss you all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb