TALES OF THE SILK ROAD


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
February 18th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

TALES OF THE SILK ROAD - A GREAT PERFORMANCE



Dear friends,

Last Saterdaynight we visited the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam for a great performance of 'Tales of The Silk Road' There were only two shows in Holland. The performance of Tales of the Silk Road by the Lanzhou Song and Dance Theatre was great. Great music too.
First performed in China in 1979. Tales of the Silk Road caused a great stir across China. This epochmaking creative work has been recognized as one of the most brillant dance dramas in the new historical period of China.

Tales of the Silk Road is a story that happened during one of China's most prosperous ages, the Tang Dynasty (6'18 -907), with a strong flavor of the profound Dunhuang culture. It is an ode to friendship along the ancient Silk Road.

It tells the story of two people who felt in love. It's the Chinese story of the European story of Romeo and Julia.

It was a great night as you can see. Look at the pictures.

See you next time.

Love

Monkey and Bear.


Lieve vrienden en vriendinnen,

Afgelopen zaterdag zijn wij naar het optreden geweest van de Lanzhou Song and Dance Theater in de Heineken Music Hall.
Dit was een fabuleus optreden van een grote groep artiesten, musici en dansers uit China.
Beelden zeggen altijd meer dan woorden, dus geniet van de foto's van dit spectaculaire optreden.

See you next time.

Monkey an Bear.


PS. Go China in 2008 - Unieke samenwerking tussen het Groninger Museum, Drents Museum en China.
Voor het eerst in Nederland een expositie van het Terracotta Leger (Assen) en tentoonstellingen in Groningen in samenwerking met het Kunstmuseum in Shanghai.



Additional photos below
Photos: 84, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



28th February 2008

Sexy Sylvia:
Super...wat een fantastische reportage.. Die heerlijke tapas hapjes..de nieuwe stad..the bubbles..beautiful buildings..dat mooie hotel..hier moet je gewoon geweest zijn.volgens mij .!! Ook de voorstelling in Heineken Music Hall. Was vast echt genieten..die kostuums..Schitterend..!! En de kleuren.. Jullie doen vaak leuke dingen..Goed hoor..!!! Lekker genieten!! Gr. Syl

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb