Day Twenty Eight- Last day of the trip :(


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
July 22nd 2018
Published: July 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last full day of the trip. Once again we slept in and left the house at midday, but this time we headed straight to the grocery store instead of to a restaurant. We were off to have a picnic in Vondelpark!

On the way we found a cute little doughnut shop so we got a few treats from here, then at the grocery store we filled the bags with rolls, cheese and biscuits, grapes, strawberries, water, chips, and stroopwafels (Dutch treats). We headed off to Vondelpark and had a lovely few hours eating and playing cards and experiencing all the sounds and smells of Vondelpark (pigeons cooing and marijuana, respectively).

After this we headed to the iAmsterdam sign, where we climbed on top of it and got some awesome photos! It wasn’t very high but it was really slippery, even thinking about it now makes my palms sweat.

We went back to the bnb to get some wifi to contact Luke. At 6pm we all headed out to the canals, where we rented a paddle boat for an hour! It was so, so cool to float down the Amsterdam canals (aside from the constant cycling).

Afterwards we went to get dinner. Trudi and I wanted to get home as quickly as possible to pack all our stuff up, so we skipped a restaurant/cafe and went to a Febo, a place where you insert coins and food appears in front of you. It’s like a vending machine but there are chefs behind it preparing the food. We bought our meals (I can’t remember what mine is called, it looks like a fried sausage on a bread roll but when you bite down it’s got some creamy ragout sauce inside, really nice!) and ate them by the canals. We hung out there for a while, then eventually T and I headed home to pack.

It’s currently 10:30pm, everything is packed and ready to go, and I’m about to stay up as late as I can so I can sleep in Brisbane time on the plane tomorrow! My last post will be before the flight tomorrow. Vaarwel!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 4; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb