Welcome to Amsterdam


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We have experienced how the other half lives and I'm not sure we can go back to being peons in economy coach. Last night's flight was the most amazing experience in flying we have ever had the opportunity to share. We were pampered, treated with utmost courtesy--food, wine, champagne; yes, we are forever spoiled. Buddy passes rock, so worth being flexible, not being sure which flight you will actually get on and when you will arrive. Of course it doesn't work in many circumstances, but it did this time. Thanks to our generous "buddy," we owe you!

Today was all about getting acquainted with trains, trams, bike paths, buying passes and getting acclimated to the time change. We found our hotel, dropped our luggage and took off. Among our important discoveries today were: the flower market, cheese shops, wine shops, and a chocolatier. What else could we possibly ask for? We bought dinner from a local Italian deli and took it to Vondelpark where we sat among the flowers, listening to the birds as we ate.

Time for some serious catching up on sleep. It was such a good idea to come early and have a few days before we hit the bike trails. Seriously, can you imagine the two of us on bikes in a sleep deprived state trying to read maps and navigate through the countryside? Yeah, right. We'll be ready Saturday! Night all, see you tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.32s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb