St Nectaire to Tilburg


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Brabant » Tilburg
October 24th 2005
Published: October 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

22/10/05 - We said farewell to our hosts at the Hotel de la Paix and pointed the Renault toward the Netherlands. Fuel is expensive in France, but the autoroute toll charges are just as bad. It costs us the same amount in tolls as it did in fuel to get to Tilburg. All up about 50 euro in tolls and 50 euro in fuel. All those toll charges do have one great benefit, fantastic roads, the route to Paris and then onto Antwerp and then Tilburg is very easy driving. It took us about 10 hours to cross half of France and make it to Tilburg.

The traffic around Paris was fun and Lorenza did a great job coping with it. We were tempted to drop by the Knoeri family on our way through, but the thought of the central Paris traffic convinced us to continue on our way.

We made it to Liesbeth and Michel’s place about 9pm. Over a few beers we updated them on our travels and shared some photos with them. We will do some more visiting of family over the next few days and catch up with all the news in this part of the world. Must go now and phone all the folks we promised to call on our arrival.

More news from the lowlands soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

2CV2CV
2CV

Everyone must buy one


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb