July 16, 2019


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Brabant » Eindhoven
July 17th 2019
Published: July 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Row houses near PSV StadionRow houses near PSV StadionRow houses near PSV Stadion

These are in the area dominated by Philips. Stadium in background.
We must still be somewhat jet lagged. I slept until 10am today. Today we went to market, on 18 Septemberplein, named after the day Eindhoven was liberated by the Canadians. By all accounts, this mid-week market is a small one. Usually the Saturday markets are larger. Yet we found many interesting things, like several cheese stands, fish stands, vegetable & fruit stands, and many textile stands. Also a McDonalds of course, who charge only €0.30 for a pee. Sellers scream out their wares to attract the attention of the many passersby.

Not having had lunch and Marion needing her regular meals, we tried some of the Kibbeling, everyone’s favourite here by the looks of it. Kibbeling is chunks of cod tongues deep fried to perfection, with a side of tartar sauce. No fries, no veggies, just a big serving for two at €6. The price of everything else for sale on the market can be negotiated. The Yes answer to a cheap pair of sunglasses was too quick, still paid too much!

The walk to the market led us past the PSV stadion, home of the hometown professional soccer team. About a twenty five minute walk each way, we got over our 10,000 steps today. Tomorrow is fan appreciation day there and we’ll likely go to that.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb