Cousins and Plans


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » Gelderland
July 25th 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.9567, 5.75556

A relatively low key day today. We were up until 1am last night, unsuccessfully searching for accommodation in sticky unpleasant heat. It was tough work finding suitable accommodation in Berlin, for less than 48 hours time. It had to be affordable, have good reviews, in a good location, and fit three people in one room. Yes, three. Chatting to Marielle yesterday at the horses market, we have arranged to have her join us for the next week in Germany.
After spending most of this morning on laptop and tablet, we finally planned the week ahead. Three nights in Berlin. Then, a bus to Munich, and four nights there. We will meet two of my friends in Munich; Jas and Matt. After four nights, Marielle will meet her family in Brussels, Jas and Matt are off to the UK, and Nat and I are thinking of heading to Prague.
With some arrangements in place, Nat took the opportunity to whip up a resume on Jokes laptop. In the mean time, to clear my head, the rest of us went for a 9km bike ride around the neighboring countryside and towns.
The evening was spent with more family coming to visit. All three children of Jan and Joke joined us for dinner; Bram, Jojannekke and Jonathan. Jonathan bought a delicious gift, a pack of four Kwak beers, complete with the worlds coolest beer glass. Lets hope it makes it back in one piece via mail. Dinner was a feast, a delicious hot plate BBQ with pancakes for desert. Not just any pancakes, but Jojannekkes special; nettle cheese with Stroop (maple syrup). We spent the evening chatting, listening to some world class singing and playing night badminton, with no nets. It was great to see everyone again after so long.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb