Arrived in Europe


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » Gelderland » Apeldoorn
April 21st 2008
Published: April 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

April 21, 2008

Hello Everyone,

Finally an update! After several difficult days we are re-united with Ed. Mark was turned back in London as he did not have a Dutch visa, which we never thought was needed as he's a landed immigrant. However, Ed visited different embassies and the High Commission without any success. He brought Mark back to Canada, then turned around and came back after spending 2 1/2 hours in the Calgary airport. He made it back again 27 hours later, and very tired. We are doing better today.

We biked around Holland with Jane and Gerrit and all the kids, visited a market, ate (posed with) raw herring, ate Frikandels and kroketten, visited my brother and sister, biked in the rain, and went to a big cathedral. Despite the ache in our heart for Ed and Mark, we made the best of it. Yesterday we went to church in Wijk en Aalburg. Today we are going to see the area where Ed is from. As soon as I can hook up my camera we'll load up a few pictures.

God is giving us peace in this situation with Mark, although we are trying to change our tickets to come back sooner. We pray that this would be possible, although we have decided that we need to stay till the 13th because we don't want to "desert"the team in Romania and leave before them. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we begin to make our trip to Romania today.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb