Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » Friesland » Beetsterzwaag
June 11th 2011
Published: June 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Amsterdam.
So after yet another long train ride, Julian, Tim, and I arrived at the main train station in downtown Amsterdam. This city is unlike anything I have ever seen. When we walked out of the train station, I immediately saw a ramp, with at least 5,000 bicycles parked and locked up. Everyone in Amsterdam bikes to where they need to get. It’s actually really annoying because they have their own lane on the sidewalk, and the have no remorse or worry for anyone not on a bike. I saw a middle aged man get absolutely drilled by a guy on a bike ... which really doesn’t make sense because they both ended up on the ground and cussing each other. Anyways, we made our way to our hostile, which happened to be in the heart of the red light district, and checked in. It was later in the afternoon, and all of us were really tired so we kind of walked around the city aimlessly and just people watched. The city was beautiful. Some people call it little Venice, because it has canals running through the entire city. Ahh hell, I’m tired of typing. Just look at the pictures. It was a great two days and we really enjoyed ourselves.
Oh yeah a few last notes: Amsterdam is built on a swamp so all of the houses have shifted over time and they all look crooked. pretty funny. even funnier though is there way of using the bathroom. The just have outdoor urinals that you walk behind and piss, right in the middle of everyone. Of course I had to do it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb