Meet Matilda!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » Drenthe » Hoogeveen
June 11th 2018
Published: July 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

We have a motorhome, a house on wheels for the next 12 months or more and she had to have a name, we called her Matilda! A perfect name for two reasons, one its a German name and its a German built motorhome and two, it now has two Aussie owners and if you heard of "Waltzing Matilda" then you would know that the song could not be more Australian. Over the next 5 days while we waited for the finances to clear we spent time adding some improvements to our Matilda. Vaughan is very handy and we had access to Camperfun's shed and tools so he added a SOG unit to the toilet so we didn't have to use chemicals, an external access point to the LPG as some countries get sticky about not having an external filler connection. He also bolted in a inverter which Wietze gave us and during that time Wietze fixed all the things that needed fixing. Meanwhile I trawled through their storage shed and picked out stuff we needed like bedding, kitchen utensils and anything else I could find useful. There was a box full of maps and camping guides which we took, we really didn't need to buy much. I did find we needed a few things so enjoyed visiting the outdoor shops and we stocked up on a few items that Wietze didn't have and we wanted, by Friday we were pretty much done and ready to go and the finances were in Wietze's account, Matilda was officially ours and we looked forward to our Europe adventure ahead.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb